Operator Training and Development - FAQs
Which machines do you offer operator training for?
There are courses for :
- Forklift Operator Training
- Reachstaker Operator Training
- Telehandler Operator Training
- Electric Stacker Opertator Training
- Rigger Training
- Mobile Crane Operator Training
- Crawler Crane Operator Training
- Truck Crane / Lorry Loader Operator Training
- Overhead Crane / Hoist Operator Training
- Tower Crane Training
- Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training
- Mobile Crane & Rigging Supervisor Awareness Training
- Mobile Crane & Rigging Supervisor Training
- Forklift Supervisor Awareness Training
See the relevant course page for a detailed training prospectus.
Where are the courses?
Regular courses take place in Accra and Takoradi in Ghana but most take place on customers’ sites.
What is the ideal class size?
6 – 8 candidates
Does the training accommodate candidates without ANY prior driving or operator’s training?
What is the process if a candidate fails?
Depending on the nature of the fail, the candidate is usually classified as an “Operator under training” (can operate under direct supervision of a qualified operator). After 6 months the candidate is retested at the customer’s cost.
What qualification do candidates receive?
Candidates who pass are certified to the appropriate B30 volume and receive a licence to operate for 2 years.
How long is the operators training?
This varies from course to course - see the course outlines for further details but each one typically involves a classroom & theory course combined with a ½ day of practical training and ½ day examination.