Types of Equipment covered include:
- Mobile elevated work platforms (MEWP)
- Scissor lifts
- Telescopic jib platforms
- Articulated jib platforms
- Access platforms
- Statutory compliance: It is quite simply illegal to operate a mobile elevated work platform that is not certified.
- Various Global Standards: We can certify MEWP across all major international standards
- Insurance Compliance: Machine and Public Liability Insurers insist on six monthly certification.
- In addition to compliance the thorough six monthly inspection is also a very good “snap shot” of your fleet
- Thorough six monthly inspections reveal the state of the maintenance of the MEWP and any lack of operator skills
- Thorough six monthly inspections increase reliability of the MEWP
- Improve the MEWPs’ up-time
- Reduce accidents and unplanned downtime and expense.
Specific Areas Checked include:
- Safety Features: e.g. gates, tie off points, stability
- Emergency Recovery Procedures – can the basket be lowered during a mechanical breakdown or emergency?
- REMEMBER: In the case of Personnel Carriers the machine must be certified every 6 months.
The thorough 6 monthly inspection will include a functional and overload test.
A final report will be issued identifying any deficiencies (if present) and recommendations. All MEWP's that pass inspection receive a certificate valid for 6 months.